The other liquid spill thread was closed..

Reaction score
So, yeah, spilled some juice over my macbook pro, joy..
I didn't know what to do when I spilled it so of course I just got a towel and tried to clean it away, unplugged the Notebook in about 3 minutes..
Since then it has been freezing or lagging every 5-10 sec, the keyboard lights are a mess, "H", "Y", "7 and /" and "B" are brighter than the other keys, the delete key, the eject key and the volume keys are a little hard to push.

Anybody got any answers for me? :(
Don't really have money for a new one and I kind off really need my computer :c
It happened late yesterday btw.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I really don't understand why we need to keep regurgitating this topic constantly. I think the point highlighted in red in the post bobtomay mentioned is pretty clear. Once the exposure has happened, the damage is done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
*rolls eyes*

Like cwa’s signature says, liquids and computers don’t mix. You can’t say you weren’t asking for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I really don't understand why we need to keep regurgitating this topic constantly. I think the point highlighted in red in the post bobtomay mentioned is pretty clear. Once the exposure has happened, the damage is done.

Because as you know, everyone thinks their situation is special or different. No one likes to be told there's no hope...or search for that matter. ;)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Because as you know, everyone thinks their situation is special or different. No one likes to be told there's no hope...or search for that matter. ;)

This is what I have to remind myself every time I see the same question for the 10,000th time;)...but sometimes it's difficult...especially when we have stickies that specifically address it.

But then again...I know that new members don't always read stickies...and may not even know they exist since they are new to the website.

- Nick

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is what I have to remind myself every time I see the same question for the 10,000th time;)...but sometimes it's difficult...especially when we have stickies that specifically address it.

But then again...I know that new members don't always read stickies...and may not even know they exist since they are new to the website.

- Nick

I think the OP read the sticky, which is why they mentioned that it was closed in the thread title, but just doesn't fully grasp the gravity of the situation.

Liquid shorts circuits in ways that they shouldn't be shorted, resulting in damage to said circuits. So, once the short happens, it's done. In some cases, it might get better after it's dried. But more often than not, it's already toast. So, the moral of the story is, let it dry out and hope for the best. Otherwise, you can expect to have to repair or replace it.

You can't miracle it away. You have to replace the damaged parts. I think the sticky thread is very clear, but for whatever reason, each person seems to think that their situation is different. I'm not unsympathetic to these folks, but I just wish people would be more careful with their expensive electronics.

As a kid, I remember dropping a walkie-talkie into a puddle, destroying it. My dad said to me "you need to learn how to take better care of your stuff, I can't fix it". Apparently not everyone learns that life-lesson until they've done something similar to something way more expensive.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I think the OP read the sticky, which is why they mentioned that it was closed in the thread title, but just doesn't fully grasp the gravity of the situation.

Ahh...that makes sense!;) I was sort of confused why the OP mentioned that "the other liquid spill thread was closed".

I thought maybe they meant that...they (the OP) started a "liquid spilled" thread...it was closed...and then they (the OP) started a 2nd thread.

I guess looking at it fairly & objectively (from the new member standpoint)...I guess it would be sort of confusing to:

- be a new member
- find the appropriate thread
- read the thread (the liquid spilled "sticky")
- and then not be able to reply to it (since it was closed).

Of course on the other had (logically)...what else really needs to be said. In most cases: Liquid + Computer = Dead Computer!:(

- Nick

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ahh...that makes sense!;) I was sort of confused why the OP mentioned that "the other liquid spill thread was closed".

I thought maybe they meant that...they (the OP) started a "liquid spilled" thread...it was closed...and then they (the OP) started a 2nd thread.

I guess looking at it fairly & objectively (from the new member standpoint)...I guess it would be sort of confusing to:

- be a new member
- find the appropriate thread
- read the thread (the liquid spilled "sticky")
- and then not be able to reply to it (since it was closed).

Of course on the other had (logically)...what else really needs to be said. In most cases: Liquid + Computer = Dead Computer!:(

- Nick

You're right on both counts.

I think maybe we should go through and purge all of the cruft in that sticky thread and leave it open for people to ask their questions. And then just periodically clean it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
We need TWO big flashing signs over the door!

Do not allow liquids anywhere near you Mac!

Hang on to those system install discs!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
harryb2448 said:
Hang on to those system install discs!

Oy, yeah - that too! Why is it that people seem to just toss their system discs?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.