• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

To any Californians...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
marijuana-california-prop-19-somewhat-topical-ecards-someecards.png

just thought this was really funny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
In Canada, people don't care if you smoke.. It's when large quantities intended for trafficking are a big deal.. Even then, those are rare..

/shrugs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The fact that most Cali cops won't even write you a ticket if they catch you smoking or in possession of less than a few ounces makes the whole thing kind of moot.

For the record, I voted to legalize. No, I don't have a card and have no plans, or need, to get one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Yea, literally anybody can get a card in California. My friend who lives in SoCal literally plans his weekends with his boss as to what dispensaries they're going to go to and what kind of treats to buy.

Reaction score
I guess I can kinda see both sides of the fence as far as wanting it outlawed/legalized. I don't personally use it, nor will I ever. But when it comes to people's personal lives, and things done in one's own home/property... The government has absolutely no business getting involved. (Unless of course you're bringing others to harm, which I can't really imagine in this case! )

I think the government is putting it's hand far too deeply into people's personal issues. From this to what defines marriage, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro. 2.66GHz. 8GB RAM. 256GB SSD. Hi-Res Antiglare Display
On a side note here.. A fraternity brother had been trying to open a facility in his home town of Newport Beach (Orange County). Last I heard, either the city, county or state (I forget exactly which one?) has suspended applications for medicinal marijuana business licenses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I live on the East coast (Fla) We always kind of see California as a very liberal state. If I lived there I would vote to legalize, I'm sure in time it will happen.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I live on the East coast (Fla) We always kind of see California as a very liberal state. If I lived there I would vote to legalize, I'm sure in time it will happen.

I've always considered California a liberal state, but being that Prop 8 and 19 didn't pass, I just don't know anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I've always considered California a liberal state, but being that Prop 8 and 19 didn't pass, I just don't know anymore.

I think the media has a lot to do with it also. Another is poor voter turn out, So many people blow off midterm elections or only vote when it's a Presidential election. More often than not it's the smaller elections that are more important.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Agreed. I'm for the legalization everywhere, myself. I think it will eventually happen in California, but the midterm election was the wrong time. If this had been on the table during the last cycle or in the next cycle, I think it probably would have passed. People are much more energized to get out and vote during a presidential election.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I could care less if California legalizes it or not. Honestly, I'm ambivalent and wouldn't hold it against them if they did nor feel sorry for anyone if they didn't legalize it. Life wouldn't change to hades or heaven either way. Personally, I'd like to see California spend less time debating, polling and researching the merits of recreational drug use and more time on cleaning up their side of the street as far is their massive debt. Since the Federal money they are borrowing is drastically disproportionate to their percentage of the US population, it would be a good place to start before getting wrapped up in secondary and tertiary issues like weed. As has been stated, it's basically legal anyhow, so deal with a front burner that effects families on a national level first. Just one guy's opinion. I've never understood the entitlement mentality, or actually feeling completely natural riding on someones else's bus ticket. It would be embarrassing to me.

Calif borrows $40M a day to pay unemployment

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.