PocketWizard's Not Firing?? Help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
I wonder if anyone is having the same issue and if there may be a soloution.

Last night I was shooting a friend of mine and the setup was as followed:
Westcott Apollo
Sunpak 120J + External Battery Pack
PW Transmittor + Reciever + Transcever

I saw that there were 3 PW's because when I started to see the problems I was getting I decided to change things up and see if it was perhaps one of the PW's or something else.

It seemed that if I shot a series of frames then stoped to check them or move my light then very next frame would not fire my flash, but, all frams after that would.

This happened a few times so I started to take note of the PW and the light was firing everytime I shot a frame but not always firing the flash. I switched up the PW's to see if that was the issue but I could see everytime I shot the PW's light came on so it was firing for sure?

My Sunpak's battery pack means that there is no recycle time and I was shooting at 1/32 power anyway so I'm really stumped?

The only thing I didnt do was change the sync cord or batteries - Could this have been a issue? I honestly didnt bother to change either the battery or sync cord because I was thinking it could have been the flash of PW's. I recently picked up the PW's from eBay, they are second hand but in great condition and I think that if it was an issue with one of the PW's I woudnt have had the same issue with all of them.

Any help would be really great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Check the cables. If it's a pc cable, they're notorious for being unreliable.

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm using a HH sync cord to 3.5mm

I didn't think it was a cord issue, I will change cords tonight to be 100% but is this a common issue?

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Someone just told me that pocketpizards have a 'stand by' mode - Can anyone confirm this as I cant find any info online?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.