iweb on two computers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.93 quad i7, '06 macbook pro, ipad2 64gig/3g, iphone 4s
I am hoping that someone can help me.
I made my website on iweb on my macbook pro. Now I have a new imac and I want to use this computer to manage my page. I have saved the website to a local file ( external hard drive ) but cannot seem to open it with iweb on the new computer???????

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
iWeb stores your site in a "Domain" file located at /Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/iWeb. Copy this file from your MBP to the same location on your iMac and you should be good to go.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.93 quad i7, '06 macbook pro, ipad2 64gig/3g, iphone 4s
almost working

.....thanks that makes perfect sense.
I did that and thought that I would just open up iweb and it would all be there but alas it wasn't :'(:'(:'(
am i missing something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know
Signup for dropbox. (Its free for 2 gigs)
Put the domains2 (i think that's what its called) on the dropbox cloud.
Make 2 aliases of the domains2 file.
Put one on your imac and one on your laptop in the correct folder (where you got the original from).

Now, work on your website from either your imac or your notebook and all changes will be automatically updated in the cloud. You can go back and forth between the 2 computers (or really any computer with an internet connection) and you never have to do anything 'extra' ever again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.