Boot Camp sound Driver for windows 7 ult

Reaction score
Hi Im using MacPro, Core2Duo, 13", 2.4Ghzs, 4gb ram, everything is perfect except i couldnt find sound driver compatible to my mac....I googled but no use.....some drivers are not compatible for my lappy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums
I'm guessing its a MacBook Pro, how do you mean you can't find the sound driver? With the install disc it should install all the drivers fine. Could you explain why you need to find it?

- Simon

OP
S
Reaction score
When I connect external device like earphones, i am unable to hear any sound....i can hear from laptop speakers but not frm ear phones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
The solution is to download the Realtek drivers... click this link... Realtek then click the High Definition Audio Codecs (Software) link, accept the license agreement, and after the download has completed run the executable. You may need to reboot your Mac (back into Windows 7) for audio to work through headphones!

Should sort it, but if not let us know and we'll try to help further.

- Simon

OP
S
Reaction score
I downloaded that driver....but dont know how sort it

Plz do help me.....type it in clear.....so that i can follow up....

OP
S
Reaction score
I tried to uninstall the driver and install them again.....did every possible way....problem still persists

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When I connect external device like earphones, i am unable to hear any sound....i can hear from laptop speakers but not frm ear phones.

If you can hear sound from the speakers, the drivers are OK. You don't need new drivers. Check the Sound Levels from Control Panel and make sure the sound options and settings for the headphones are on and turned up.

OP
S
Reaction score
I did what u told me to do....Every thing is as usual.....I checked both for speakers and head phones.....when I plug in head phones I am unable to hear any sound....what might be the problem....

I can see sound coming out under devices.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here's another idea, it worked for me with Snow Leopard, although I don't know what OS your using for the mac side. After I installed Windows 7 Ultimate, I inserted the OSX SL disc and installed the windows side of boot camp which gave me all the driver I needed including audio, keyboard backlight etc etc, try that.

- Simon

OP
S
Reaction score
I was using Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit (original)....even I did the same....everything is fine....except.....I m unable to hear sound from earphones when i plug in......

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I did what u told me to do....Every thing is as usual.....I checked both for speakers and head phones.....when I plug in head phones I am unable to hear any sound....what might be the problem....

I can see sound coming out under devices.....

A bit late getting back to you.... You may be experiencing a hardware problem with the headphones or the jack. Do the headphones work normally when you're in OS X? In other words, are you able to plug the phones in when listening to music from the Mac side and get sound OK through them?

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, except in an effort to fix it i deleted the default drivers and now I have no sound at all. I downloaded the realtek driver and still no sound. Is it possible to get the default cirrus logic sound driver from the mac osx install dvd? oh, and i have a red light coming out of my headphone jack.

Reaction score
okay well i fixed my driver situation. I now have sound in the speakers. I reinstalled the cirrus logic drivers via the mac osx dvd. however i do not have sound in headphones. They work fine in mac osx and they are not broken and are not muted. Why is this happening????

Reaction score
So does anyone here have any idea why this is happening? Does anyone have the knowledge to help? I've done a lot of searching on the web and it seems to happen to other people somewhat often but i have not found a definite fix to the problem that works.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Two things to check:

Make sure you download the latest Boot Camp updates from Apple. You need to do that from within Windows. The latest are Boot Camp 3.1 and 3.2. Make sure you download the correct version - 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your version of Windows.

Also, since you have a red light coming from the headphone jack, that means it's switched. The BC updates may fix that or you can try inserting and removing the headphone plug several times to release the jack. Watch to see if the red light goes off.

Reaction score
Thank you

thanks alot chscag! the new bootcamp version 3.2 makes my headphones work perfectly. Thanks alot :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for posting back. Glad to hear it's fixed. Have fun.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.