itunes alternative on mac?

Reaction score
im just ried of itunes and all the workaround you have to do to keep your music when and however you like in and out of your ipod touch.

is there an alternative app on which i can handle music and apps freely?

thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
There is only one other, Songbird, but in no way will it be as efficient as iTunes for doing what you want.
What exactly do you want to do?
iTunes is perfectly suited and easily customisable, so try learning a little more about it before ditching it.

OP
L
Reaction score
none of those 10 work on mac AND support ipod touch.

i have a new mac, and a full ipod. i want to put everything from the ipod into the mac.

why is it so counterintuitive and hard to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
none of those 10 work on mac AND support ipod touch.

i have a new mac, and a full ipod. i want to put everything from the ipod into the mac.

why is it so counterintuitive and hard to do?

Because Apple prevent it. Follow the link above and your prayers will be answered, and don't complain that it costs, there are no free programs for this now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I use an App called iPod Access. Not free but worth the $$$ to do what you are looking to do. No need to ditch iTunes.

OP
L
Reaction score
ipod access is the best app ive found so far. im not completely satisfied but it does the job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
Have never understood what peoples objections are to iTunes it works fine on a decent Mac in my opinion.

C

chas_m

In this case, the OP didn't actually have a problem with iTunes, he just didn't understand why Apple blocks two-way transfer of music (in most cases). It's an anti-piracy measure, and there are plenty of third-party workarounds, but it's a hassle when you're NOT a pirate and just want to restore back from your iPod.

iTunes for the most part rocks. I often wish they could clean up the store organization a bit but considering it's growth I'm sure this will come in time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.