Boot camp Vista: Password problem

Reaction score
So I recently installed Windows Vista through bootcamp on my MacBook but the log-in password for the (admin) account doesn't work. I'm sure that it's the one I initially typed, as I had it on paper.

Password: a388<zxq2ledii3 (I don't use it anywhere else, so there's no problem)

I first wrote down the password before I had installed the programs that came with the Mac install 1 CD and I'm suspecting that it's the < symbol that changed once I installed it.

If it is as I suspect, then does anyone know what symbol < turned into?

If not, is there any way to get out of the Vista OS? Each time I restart my computer the log-in screen appears expecting a password.

Thanks in advance

OP
A
Reaction score
Also, I forgot to mention that there was another problem during the install. Once I tried to install it, it said that the bootcamp drive wasn't NTFS so I deleted it and then repeated the install and there was a new disk I installed it on (not named bootcamp).

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Hold down the option key while booting the system until you see the boot option screen in order to get back into OS X. "Assuming" that's not where you installed Windows the 2nd time.

Reaction score
Are you using Windows vista, there is a separate hidden account called administrator.
The easiest way to access it is to go into safe mode.
You do this by tapping F8 just after the self test, and before windows starts to load.
Once on the start up menu choose safe mode.
Click on the administrator account.
From there you can change any passwords in the control panel under user accounts.
You do not have to know any of the passwords to change them, or you can use utility to delete the lost password.
Usually 3 steps easy to follow:
1.Download Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0 from Official site and decompress it on that PC.there is a .ISO file. Burn the .ISO file to a CD.
2.Get out the newly created CD and insert it to the locked computer.
3.Re-boot the locked computer and then follow the process of
instructions. Just after a few steps, the old password will be removed.
It supports all windows version, recover windows 7 password, vista/xp/2003/2000/NT etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.