Questions about external hard drive

Reaction score
helloooo

when i am prompted to where i want to save a download... i am only given the option to save to my internal hard drive... is there a way i can just go straight to the external harddrive for certain downloads instead of downloading to the internal then switching it to the external after the download has completed?

thankss:]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Like in your web browser? In Chrome, go to Preferences -> Under the Hood -> Downloads at the bottom and hit Browse and choose where you want it to go. In Firefox, go to Preferences -> General -> Downloads in the middle then hit Choose. In Safari, go to Preferences -> General -> Save downloaded files to (then just change the location).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Yea but it's through one of those browsers, right? When you download something from Megaupload, Rapidshare, anywhere from a browser, it goes to the browser default file. Just change the default file and it sill start going.

Like the default file for Mac OS X is "Downloads". Anything I download in Safari, Chrome, FF goes to Downloads. If I changed it to say "Pictures" everything would go to pictures". So just plug in your external, and select it from the section in the first post.

OP
C
Reaction score
im downloading through a program called freerapid.. do i still need to change it in the browser?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.