Ordered macbook w/ Microsoft office installed but can't get any applications to open

Reaction score
Ok, I ordered a MBP recently with MO preinstalled. When I try to open Word, Powerpoint, or Excel, the registration thing comes up asking for a key. Of course I dont have one, but I read that the Office Setup Assistant is supposed to pop up and register the stuff for you. The assistant tries to open when I open any of the applications but it immediately closes. If I try to open the setup assistant, it will not respond and I have to force close it. any suggestions?
Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We need to clarify something... You said you ordered your MBP with Office pre-installed. I'm assuming this was paid for by you along with the MBP?

You should have received the Office media (disk) and activation key along with the documentation for your new MBP. This quote is from the Apple store:

About pre-installation
Apple will install this software on your new Mac, so you can use it immediately. You'll receive a backup DVD that includes the application installer and content files, as well as an electronic version (PDF) of the User Guide and other important files.

If you didn't receive the media and other information, I suggest you contact Apple customer support.

OP
J
Reaction score
ahh you're a genius haha. I read that the Setup Assistant would register it for you so I never even looked in the box to see if there was a backup or anything. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.