Dock question

Reaction score
On my dock, Quick Time, iPhoto and iMovie have turned into a low res, very pixelated icon. What is going on?
Only thing different I have done is load iLife 11.
I have a 24 in. iMac, 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB of RAM.
Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Try this:

Open Terminal: Applications -> Utilities -> terminal.app

From the prompt, type in "killall dock" without the quotes. That will make your dock disappear and start up again. Most times that resolves errors on the dock. If it doesn't work, post back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums.
I've never heard if this before, but I would start by dragging them off the dock, and dragging those icons from the finder window back to the dock and see if that fixes it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you

Yes! Taking them out of the dock and going back to Applications and bringing them back in did it.
I tried that a couple of days ago and they would stay low res., but I think I have restarted the computer since then and now they took.
Thank you "6string" and "chscag," I like that terminal.app idea. I may try that if it happens again and they are being stubborn.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.