Help wanted copying some files from Mac - PC

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hope you can help out here as I'm having a nightmare.

Basically I have 8 ISO files, just under 8GB each, on an external HDD. Formatted so it will only work on a Mac, won't even show up on a PC.

I need to get these files to my PC hard-drive, which is NTFS (obviously) and is in an external caddy so I can plug it into any computer.

Now, the HDD with the ISO files on shows up just fine on the Mac Pro and the MacBook Pro, as it should of course.

My HDD shows up just fine on all computers, but on the Macs it won't let me write to it.

Using Mac Drive would be a good way to get around this problem and let the Mac HDD show up on my PC, but my mate (whos HDD it is) has had some serious problems with it before, basically involving it corrupting the drive.

Now, as each file is just under 8GB, I thought I'd move them one at a time (tedious but doable) using my 8GB USB stick. But every time I try to copy an ISO to it, it just says "Unexpected error", and WON'T let me do it.

So I'm out of all ideas.

Can anyone please help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.