Personal Finance Software ?

Reaction score
I recently switched from PC to Mac Book Pro and had been using Quicken 2010 as my base personal finance sw, but now in the Apple world it has been quite an ordeal to ID a good PF software.

I have narrowed it down to MoneyDance 2010, Liquid Ledger 2 and iBank4, being the former the overall leader for the moment being. Definitively, Quicken Essentials for Mac is NOT an option.

Only issue I've identified with the 3 choices is when converting my PC Quicken QIF file with ALL my financial history and loading into either, I get a mess of numbers with older versions, values and just need to start from scratch.

So, any preferred/reccomended choice and reasons behind it?

Since 2011 is around the corner, I'd have no issue on just backing up my older info and startign from scratch on 1/1/11, but sill, need to ID a PF program.

Regards,
Jorge

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure why your exported data from Quicken in QIF format did not work properly for you when imported. When I made the changeover from the PC to a Mac, I was using MS Money at the time. I exported around 7 years of data in QIF format from Money and imported it into my Mac program (Checkbook) without losing a single entry.

It's important to keep continuity with your data. Personally, I would use the OS X finance program which provided the best import of the QIF file from your Quicken Windows program. I'm not a big fan of anything published by Intuit, but I'm sure that the QIF format (which they invented) should work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.