macbook stuck while logging in

Reaction score
Hello guys, if somebody could help me, i would be really thankful.
Here's my problem.
I ve got a white macbook. I downloaded NOD32 antivirus software and installed it on my mac. It worked properly at the begging. I restarted my macbook and after this, the nightmare began. I can't do anything. It opens properly, asks for the password and when i put the pass in, the desktop screen appears (having the default wallpaper on) and nothing more. In some attempts, the dock and the bar on the top also appear, but when the NOD32 is starting, it stucks and I can't do anything but moving the mouse (not even clicking). I tried to boot from dvd, installed again the snow leopard, but the problem still remains. I really need my macbook right at this moment. Any ideas?
Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First thing is to remove NOD32. Use the uninstaller if one came with it, otherwise, get on their website and find out how to completely remove it. Most antivirus utilities place hooks in the operating system that are difficult to find which is why they must be completely removed. Dragging them to the trash usually does not work as it leaves things behind.

If you feel you need to run an AV program, I suggest something less intrusive. "Clamxav" is generally recommended. And it's free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.