Macbook Pro (2007) Screen doesn't work?

Reaction score
Please help - I've switched on my Macbook Pro 15" (2007) and although it makes all the necessary noises, the screen fails to work, including the Apple logo on the reverse. It has the latest OS on it (Snow Leopard) and is up to date with any software updates.

I've tried connecting it to a separate monitor, but this doesn't work either.

Has anyone else had, or heard of a similar experience?

In the mean time, I've booked an appointment with a Genius at my local Apple store in the hope that they can help.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You've done the right thing.

There are problems with the nVidia graphics card in the '07 models. Apple has extended the warranty on the video card to 4 years. You should be covered for this repair.

And yes, the problem should be the video card and not the LCD since you're getting nothing on an external monitor either.

The link.

OP
M
Reaction score
You've done the right thing.

There are problems with the nVidia graphics card in the '07 models. Apple has extended the warranty on the video card to 4 years. You should be covered for this repair.

And yes, the problem should be the video card and not the LCD since you're getting nothing on an external monitor either.

The link.

Many Thanks bobtomay for your response, that sounds reassuring.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.