USB HD, how fix it?

Reaction score
How can i fix it whitout format? i've around 1.3TB on my HD

capturadetela20101104as.jpg

when i try open with pc+windows and use chkdsk on cdm prompt, i've RAW volume cant be access or something like this. :Shouting:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It appears Disk Warrior can not recognize the file system. If the file system was FAT-32, DW would be able to repair it. Also, you said you tried doing a chkdsk from a command prompt. What is strange is the notation that it is not an NTFS volume. I suspect that it was NTFS before it was damaged.

That leads me to believe you've got an external hard drive with a munged file system. In other words, it can't be recovered. Unless the data on the drive is critical, it looks like you'll need to erase it and reformat.

OP
C
Reaction score
the driver is ntfs system

i cant formart, i need to recover the files, i've around 700GB of music with tags... covers etc...

i'll try fix this problem, or pay to rescue all my files

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I realize the drive is NTFS (like I said above) but you said that you tried running chkdsk from a command prompt and it didn't work. Disk Warrior and Data Rescue can not recover data from a NTFS drive.

You'll need to find a Windows based recovery and repair package that can get your data back. "SpinRite 6.0" from Gibson Research is probably the best at recovering data from dead or defective drives that are formatted to NTFS. You can try that if you wish. They may have a demo you can download.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.