My IMac appears to be stuck in sleep mode

Reaction score
Yesterday my IMac was working fine, then today I went to turn it on and the screen is black and there is no audio. The light indicating the computer is on, is on (solid not pulsing). I put the start up disk in (which I can now not eject) and it sounds like it is doing something in there.
I tried turning it off, unplugging, holding the power key for 5 seconds then plugging in and turning back on. This doesn't help.
I also tried holding down command-option-P-R while turning it on, and that doesn't seem to help.
Any ideas?
I know I should just bring it in, but that means driving 4 hours and I really don't have the money to bring it in either.:[
I am hoping (though not very confidently) that there is some sort of magical fix.

OH one more note, I have a 6 month old who likes to bang on the keyboard while I am trying to work on the computer, could he have change some setting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Which model of iMac do you have? Also, holding down the mouse button upon reboot will get your disk out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.