a simple program to edit video clips?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 500Gb, 2.66GHz. iPhone 5 32Gb, 16Gb iPod Nano, 8Gb iPod Nano
hey everyone, myself and some people from a karate dojo were extras in a TV show here in Australia. It aired on television last night, I taped it in an mpeg format and now wish to share it with my Sensei and karate friends on facebook.

Basically, the segment we were in was very quick and I wish to slow it down. I also wish to do some basic editing (I just want to extract three small blocks of karate action out of the episode.)

I was using Toast Titanium Pro to do the cutting however now it's just frustrating me plus I cannot add the slow down effect in it. Nor can I see to do it in iMovie. Annoying stuff!

So I just want to extract three small blocks of film and also add some slowing down effects. Could anyone please point me in the direction of a simple editing software program? I don't mind paying a modest amount for it, however I would rather a free one.

Someone please help me as I am going insane!

- Chris

C

chas_m

iMovie does in fact have slow-motion effect. The help menu is your friend.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 500Gb, 2.66GHz. iPhone 5 32Gb, 16Gb iPod Nano, 8Gb iPod Nano
thanks for the replies, guys. I have managed to cut it down using MPEG Streamclip and am trying to use iMovie to slow it down however I cannot find the speed slider. I have looked on here, looked on google and it says check the check the show advanced options in the preferences tab. I did that but it still doesn't show me the speed slider when I use the inspector thing. It just displays "source duration" and "stabilisation"

What on earth am I doing wrong?

- Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.