Apple Keychain First Aid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
This is a really kewl little program from Apple that has helped me numerous times when my keychain became corrupted.. it seems to work perfectly! I just though I would share it with you guys incase you didn't know about it :)

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/9944
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16997

The Keychain First Aid utility enables you to verify or repair your keychain content. It can fix:
• A user's .Mac password is not retained in Internet preference pane, as described in technical document 107097, "Mac OS X 10.2: Won't Save .Mac Password".
• Mail and iChat could continue to prompt users for their password after saving it in the keychain.
• A user could be unexpectedly prompted to unlock the keychain after changing account information or Home directory location.
• Duplicate Mail passwords could appear in the keychain, as described in technical document 106546, "Mac OS X 10.1: Re-enter Mail Password After Upgrade".
• Multiple references to the same keychain could appear in the Keychain Access application.
• Applications are unable to retrieve items from a keychain file located on a network volume.
• Saved passwords could not be read if they were created or modified by certain pre-release versions of Jaguar.
• A Keychain dialog can sometimes prompt for permission to decrypt a "(null)" item.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Thanks for the notice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've used it once and it did work great. It's a nice utility that I think Apple should just bundle with the OS really....

L

larryE

just tried first aid, didnt work!

hi

installed first aid, but to run it it asked me for my authentication password. However this is the problem. I have just had 10.4 installed and when i put in what i think is the password is and many variations, it tell me its invaild so i cant even get the thing going, any ideas anyone?

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah this is a really really old thread and it's actually built into the keychain program now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Yeah I looked at the date when I first opened this, and was like.. hmmm I think this no longer applies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.