P2P Alternative to Limewire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.53GHz Core i5, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HD
Hey Guys,

I'm sure I'm late in finding this out but I just discovered that Limewire has been shutdown by the RIAA fat-cats. I found out when my program wouldn't connect then I went to Limewire's website only to be greeted by a big fat legal notice saying the company was under court order to shut down. Sigh... Now where am I going to go for all my P2P downloads?:[:'( Can anybody suggest any good Alternatives to Limewire?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
How about going to your local video store or amazon and getting the movies legally?
Discussing illegal activity is not permitted in this forum and this thread is destined to be closed.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.53GHz Core i5, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HD
How about going to your local video store or amazon and getting the movies legally?
Discussing illegal activity is not permitted in this forum and this thread is destined to be closed.

I get most of my music legally through itunes. I only use p2p for the things I can't find on itunes or in the stores.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Sorry, we allow no discussion of any piracy of Music, Videos, Software of any kind on Mac Forums.

We obey USA law here so we will be here tomorrow to help people with their computer issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

McYukon,
I'm sorry to address this to you publicly, but I think it's warranted and hopefully others will learn as well.

But honestly, your reply to the original poster was completely out of line. It is not up to you to judge whether someone is participating in illegal activity. As a matter of fact, I see nothing in the post you're replying to that says he's doing anything illegal, he's asking about P2P software which is completely legal.

Your response to him honestly borders on violating rule #1 of our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines.

In the future, rather than jumping to conclusions on someone's illegal activity, give them the benefit of the doubt until something overtly illegal is stated. Don't judge people who may not even be doing anything wrong.

I'd also like to remind members that it's not your place to be placing punitive judgements on other members. If you feel something isn't right, rather than becoming a sheriff, just report the post and let the staff deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.