Samsung RAM

Reaction score
I just bought a MBP, and am loving the new processor; so much faster than my old MB!!! However, I'm importing AVCHD video into iMovie; no problems there, iMovie '11 recognizes the camcorder just fine. The problem is RAM. I have 4 GB, and while I'm importing the AVCHD files, I'm noticing my page outs jump from 60 MB to 331 MB, and I have 46.5 MB RAM free. I'm pretty sure that I'll be needing to upgrade my RAM. What I want to know is, since I'm in South Korea, and cannot buy from OWC, if I buy the Samsung DDR3 RAM, will it work just as well as from OWC? Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
RAM is RAM. Yes, there are different timings on RAM but you don't need to bother yourself with that. Samsung is one of the brands Apple uses in their laptops and it works just fine. Just make sure you get the right speed for your computer (800, 1066, 1333 mhz etc)

Reaction score
I have the same idea for RAM upgrade. Just wondering the compatibilty of Samsung RAM (2GB and 4GB type). And also in Korea, I see the ADATA name with is new brand name. I don't know whether it is good for my Macbook pro or not. Any experient will be appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.