Previous Recipients

Reaction score
How can I delete superseded previous recipients from Mail? I've tried deleting in the "previous recipients" folder, but they keep coming back. I've heard they can be deleted at MailRecents-v4.abcdmr. However, I can't find this. I'm using 10.6.4. Any ideas?. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Welcome to Mac Forums,
Usually I delete previous recipients in the "previous recipients" window.
Go under the "Window" menu in Mail, click on "previous recipients", select the email and press the "Remove From List" button.
Is this not working for you?

OP
M
Reaction score
Welcome to Mac Forums,
Usually I delete previous recipients in the "previous recipients" window.
Go under the "Window" menu in Mail, click on "previous recipients", select the email and press the "Remove From List" button.
Is this not working for you?

Hi McYukon. No, I'm afraid that doesn't work. The addresses disappear, but next time I open Mail, They're back again! I've seen advice regarding MailRecents-v4.abcdmr, but this must be for an earlier OS as it doesn't appear in my system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Okay, for some reason something is not quit right.
This is what I know you can do to hopefully get it fixed,

Delete Previous Recipients

I found the solution on Apple-Support and thanks to V.K.

Quit mail and adressbook and delete the /user/username/library/application support/addressbook/MailRecents-4v.abcdmr file.

Then log out/in and start Mail.

There won't be any names. You'll just have to start accumulating "previous recipients from scratch.
Taming Mac OS X Mail - Previous Recipients | Midwestern Mac, LLC

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.