Ext HD error on migration

Reaction score
I had cloned the int HD to an ext one, and all was successful. Then clean installed over Tiger to Leopard (not snow) to the int HD, followed by all of the necessary updates. Following this, I began migration from the external HD to internal (total of 180gigs), during this process I plugged in my iphone to get that working as I needed this system update (leopard 10.6.1) to get it to work. My ext HD suddenly came up with an error when I safely removed the iphone 4.
Now I am unable to get into the ext HD at all - I cannot see it anywhere but in disk utility. I have tried to repair it, though this is the message I am left with:

Verify and Repair volume "disk1s3"
Checking Journaled HFS Plus volume.
Invalid record structure
Invalid record count
Catalog file entry not found for extent
Volume check failed.
Error: Filesystem verify or repair failed

So, following research online, I downloaded Diskwarrior to repair, though that seems to hang for several hours without doing anything at all and not even seeing any files whatsoever (3 hours).

Heeeelp, any suggestions, please, this is urgent as I have all my work emails, itunes, photo's and work docs on there. I am lost without all of this.
Many thanks! :Confused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.