Software update problem - same update keeps showing up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac i3 3.06Ghz, 4GB Ram, Snow Leopard 10.6.4
A little help regarding my problem would be really good.

Everytime I use software update the same update shows up even thopugh i have installed the update multiple time. now i know i can hide the update from showing but i know its there and its annoying me. The update in question is apple pro applications 2005-01. I did have final cut studio installed but it is now uninstalled if that helps at all.

Things i have tried are:

• created new admin user - installed update, logged out back in again (update still shows in software update)
  • re-installed final cut studio, installed update (update still shows)
  • Un-installed FCS (update still shows)
  • trahed preferences and caches for software update (both root and users) update still shows
  • trashed contents of receipts folder
  • run software update from terminal (sudo softwareupdate -i -a) update still appears and installs in terminal and software update menu
  • manually downloaded the upodate in question from apple downloads and installed from .dmg (update still shows)
  • verified and repaired disk permissions - both with disk utility and onyx (update still shows)

Basically i cant get software update to recognise that it has installed this update and ive spent so much time trying to fix this i just dont want to give up and reinstall snow leopard - although i probably could have with the time spent on this issue.

It just seems like this update is borked! all other updates install and do not re-appear. And i dont understand why it is trying to update an app i no longer have installed?

Any help greatly appreciated - i dont want to admit defeat:Angry:

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok so i reinstalled snow leopard from a time machine backup (formatted the HDD) and this problem still exists.

so I presume that my time machine backup is corrupt?

what are my options now?

any comments welcome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Why from a backup and not the install disc?

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I used the install disk and selected the time machine option so that all our files and emails etc were back on the pc.

Anyhow as a final update I had to reinstall snow leopard again and manually copy our files from time machine to the hdd, and then let TM back up again. Problem sorted

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.