Spinning Beach Ball

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am new to Apple MacBook user. So, I have a question here.
I just got my MacBook Pro for few days, I get quite a few times of Spinning Beach Ball. As I know Spinning Beach Ball a.k.a Spinning Beach Ball of Death.
So is there any problem with my MacBook? For your info, I installed Windows 7 via BootCamp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
You may not have enough ram did you pull up the activity monitor and look at your page
ins and outs.

OP
G
Reaction score
When I open up my activity monitor, it shows that about 1GB+ of RAM are actually on idle. So, I believe that I have enough of RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You did not mention what version of Windows you are using 64bit requires 4gb of ram and
32bit requires 2gb of ram so how much do you have?

OP
G
Reaction score
I installed 64-bit Windows 7, and I have 4GB of RAM. But I did not run Windows whenever I see the Spinning Beach Ball.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you have some third party software also have you run repair disk permissions and last
do you shut it down nightly or let it sleep so it can do maintenance scripts? One last thing
if you run an AV it has and can cause this.

OP
G
Reaction score
Do you have some third party software also have you run repair disk permissions and last
do you shut it down nightly or let it sleep so it can do maintenance scripts? One last thing
if you run an AV it has and can cause this.
I did not install any third party software. So far, I did not run repair disk permissions yet. I'll shut my macbook shutdown at night. And what is AV stands for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did not install any third party software. So far, I did not run repair disk permissions yet. I'll shut my macbook shutdown at night. And what is AV stands for?

Anti Virus and let it sleep instead of shut down so it can perform maintenance
or download Maintidigit in widgets and run scripts manually.

OP
G
Reaction score
Beause I will switch on my mac for everyday, so will the maintenance run whenever I switch on my Mac? I shut my mac down is just because I wan it to get full cool down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Beause I will switch on my mac for everyday, so will the maintenance run whenever I switch on my Mac? I shut my mac down is just because I wan it to get full cool down.

I stand corrected since Leopard it will run at start up if it missed the old 3 am mode. Have you run disk permissions yet that will solve sluggish or slow app
start up sometimes?

OP
G
Reaction score
I stand corrected since Leopard it will run at start up if it missed the old 3 am mode. Have you run disk permissions yet that will solve sluggish or slow app
start up sometimes?

Yes, I ran the disk permissions, it do help abit..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.