How to host your own site on your mac?

Reaction score
I want to host my iweb website on my mac..... i have a host provider but only allows 2GB of space and need more.... like how to do it using apache or something like that.... so does anyone know how or a link to a site?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Personally, I would call GoDaddy and see what they can do for you. They are pretty reasonable and my brother uses them for his business website, which he edits and designs using iWeb. He's really happy with it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can host it yourself (I host my own website) but unless you're comfortable managing and fixing any issues that come with doing so, I would suggest that you look at hosting plans.

I only suggest this because, aside from maintenance, there is much more to hosting than many people may believe. Setting up a blog for instance requires that you're comfortable with databases (likely MySQL or PostgreSQL) and setting up a working web server with appropriate language support. It's not really hard but if you don't know what you're doing, things can get complicated and overwhelming quite quickly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.