Office 2011 for Mac? Anyone using it?

Reaction score
is anyone using the Office 2011 for Mac? if so, how do you like it? is the email "push" better than the previous Entourage? Looking to get away from having Parallels installed for using Outlook! Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Home and Business version of Office 2011 has Outlook included. The Home and Student version does not. Just thought I'd mention that fact since the Home and Business version is more expensive.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The academic version has Outlook as well if you qualify.

I would comment on Outlook but I use Mail and honestly, Mail works so there is little reason to move over to Outlook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And I won't look at Office 2011 until an uninstaller is included in the package!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.7 i5 + MBP 13" 2.26 (2009) + IPad + iPhone
is anyone using the Office 2011 for Mac? if so, how do you like it? is the email "push" better than the previous Entourage? Looking to get away from having Parallels installed for using Outlook! Thanks!

Yes i'm using it on my MacBook. Have 3 accounts setup - hosted exchange; gmail and hotmail. Seems seamless in setup and smooth in operation.

Just posted of the MS tech forums a query I have in that I cannot find 'mail box cleanup' similar to the PC version and Auto Archive. Appart from that - very superion to Entourage and better then Mac Mail (for business uses - personal use mac mail is sufficient)

Hope that helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm using Office 2011 and I love it. Much better than 2008 and much more flexible and powerful than iWorks (outside of maybe Keynote).

Reaction score
It's awful....

Outlook is anyway, it's a major step back from Entourage and uglier as well. Lot's missing and the HTML email signature issue still hasn't been resolved.

Where's Resend?
Why can't I put an Inbox button on the toolbar???
Why can't I browse folders to move an email??
Why can't I archive off specific emails/folders??
Why does search not look in the body of the email as well?

Needs a lot of work... very, very disappointed.

Word, Exel, PowerPoint etc are all fine but Outlook is sh1te.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I am extremely disappointed that Outlook 2011 does not provide an option to sync with iCal, and by extension, an iPhone. Entourage 2008 did. So I'm stuck with Office 2011 on my MBP and still using Entourage 2008 until MS gets their act together. How they could release a version of Office for Mac that won't fully sync with the typical users iPhone is beyond me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I am extremely disappointed that Outlook 2011 does not provide an option to sync with iCal, and by extension, an iPhone. Entourage 2008 did. So I'm stuck with Office 2011 on my MBP and still using Entourage 2008 until MS gets their act together. How they could release a version of Office for Mac that won't fully sync with the typical users iPhone is beyond me.

But there is! Simply purchase a Dell PowerEdge™ with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, and then install Microsoft Exchange™ 2010 on it. Then you'll be able to sync everything just fine!

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your insight! I ended up purchasing Office 2011:Mac, installed it and found out that it is not compatible with Exchange 2003. Time to upgrade that too...in due time. i just removed the Office 2011 from the machine and am still using Parallels to have Outlook installed (tried Entourage and didn't care for it).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.