Application window open but can't be selected

Reaction score
I've been working on a project in Adobe Photoshop today and suddenly the program jammed on me. I can select any other application but when I click on my open Photoshop windows it still lists whatever the last application I was using in the finder. When I click on the icon in the dock it won't do anything. I tried selecting quit in applications and the "do you want to save..." window popped up but I can't select any of the buttons. So the program appears not to be jammed, but for whatever reason I can't select it. Every other program works.

I did relaunch the Finder and that didn't help. I could always force-quit Photoshop but I made some changes since the last time I saved so I'd like not to lose those changes. I'm guessing that the problem isn't specific to Photoshop, but it's really not my area of expertise. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
It sure sounds like it is specific to Photoshop to me. I've always found that making changes to files the second time goes more quickly than it did the first time around. You already know the steps. If it's frozen, I don't think there's a way to unfreeze it without losing everything since the last Save. So, obviously, Save after any major change is made that you don't want to have to do again. Wish I could help more. . .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.