using a external hard drive as a time capsule

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I wonder if I can use an external hard disk same way that time capsule works by connecting that disc to another computer (running under windows) and creating a network with both computers.
I'm new in the forum and a weird new mac user ( I bought a mac book 3 years ago and I hated it so deeply, finaly I sold it 3 months later, bad first experience). Now this is the second chance and I'm realy happy with the amazing features that my new mac book pro includes. So, I don't know what happend first time, but I think that mac is more friendly than before for former windows users. I'll appreciate your comments regarding the backup options.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
In order to use the Time Machine feature, the disk must be formatted in Mac OS Extended (preferably Journaled).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.