Needcto access a computer long distance

Reaction score
My 90 year old mother lives across the country from me. She has a MacBook os 10.4. I have a macbookpro os10.6.

She gets her settings out of whack. I am looking for a way to access her computer which uses a different Internet provider so I can reset her mail or Internet preferences instead of trying to talk her through the process.

Thank you in advance

George

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
My Dad uses a similar approach with his Mother, the remote computer has the Vine Server installed and then he connects via Chicken Of The VNC.
Unfortunately I don't know all the details but that is the bare bones I remember.

Look here for some limited info on how to, scroll down to "Accessing your Mac in other ways"
Remote controlling another Mac

OP
G
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions. We tried iChat last night and she is having trouble registering.

And so it goes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.