• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

movies on PSP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
why bother paying 20 dollars in order to buy a movie that you have to watch on a 2 inch screen?????

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
are u asking why buy a psp to watch movies, b ecause if so here is my answer. Have you ever seen a PSP in real life? The screen is surprisingly large. I don't see any problem with screen size.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
coach_z said:
why bother paying 20 dollars in order to buy a movie that you have to watch on a 2 inch screen?????

-chris

I tend to agree....I'm not sure why I'd buy a movie in a proprietary format like that for a game system that's going to be outdated in a year or so.

I think it tries to do too much and ends up, to me at least, to be kind of clunky. It's too big to replace my media player, not versitile enough to replace my laptop and, at the moment too expensive for the hardware and games to make me even take a flyer on it.

I think that the concept is going to be done better in the next couple of years. I'm glad I didn't pay $xxx for the priviledge of being first.

Reaction score
I like my PSP, but I don't plan on investing any money in UMD movies for it. They just cost too much for such a weird format. I would consider it if they could get the price down. It would be nice if some service was offered to rent them because it would be nice to have them when traveling but I doubt there is enough of a market for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
Coach Z and Abdiel, have either of you watched a movie on a PSP? Mynameis obviously has, and i agree with him that the price is too much. But i would definetly watch a movie on it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
macAttack said:
Coach Z and Abdiel, have either of you watched a movie on a PSP? Mynameis obviously has, and i agree with him that the price is too much. But i would definetly watch a movie on it

I don't really take issue that the screen may be just large enough to be ok for a portable entertainment system...my point is that I have no interest in buying movies for such a specific player....especially a format with no proven longevity...If I could rip a DVD to the memory of a PSP that would be one thing...I could see some value in it if more places started renting movies in that format I guess....nice for trips and stuff...but even then I'd just as soon pack my PB instead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.