Will this hard drive work for my MacBook??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums.
It will work with your Macbook, but it won't fit inside.
So, you can get an external enclosure for it and use it as an external HD.

Reaction score
sorry to sound stupid but how would i know if that would fit or not? i just assumed mobile meant for laptops.

Reaction score
was it this comment:
*750GB and 1TB models are 12.5 mm high and may not be compatible with all notebook systems. Consult system specifications for maximum allowable drive height before attempting to install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Well it's probably because it's a 12.5mm drive. I'm pretty sure Macbooks only take 9.5mm hard drives. It's the fact that that extra height allows for another spinning platter, so it gives increased capacity but slower speeds.

The drive is basically too big (physically) for the computer. (I'm not a Mac pro but thats what I'm guessing)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The drive is basically too big (physically) for the computer. (I'm not a Mac pro but thats what I'm guessing)

You guessed right :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
The 2.5" form factor is what laptops use. A 3.5" form factor is for desktops. The 2.5" drives 750GB+ are 99% likely to be 12.5mm in height tho so they won't fit although they are 2.5" drives technically.

So basically anything 500GB and under with a 2.5" form factor will work.
If you have questions as to if something will work or not, I would say e-mail the company and see if it will work on your laptop. Give them the model, or see if you can find if it is a 9.5 or 12.5mm drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.