• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How do you deal with stress?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I buy more Apple products!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Dwelling in the past can be just as stressful if there was a problem in the past that caused the stress in the first place. The stress doesn't go away

My experience has been just the opposite. Dwelling on the event that caused the stress eventually causes the stress to go away signigicantly fatser than ignoring it does. That works consistantly for me at least.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
My experience has been just the opposite. Dwelling on the event that caused the stress eventually causes the stress to go away signigicantly fatser than ignoring it does. That works consistantly for me at least.
Exactly what i’m trying to say. I’ve always looked on it as “getting used to it”. Kind of just getting use to the fact that you’re stressed by it, to the point where you no longer feel stress for it.

Reaction score
Exactly what i’m trying to say. I’ve always looked on it as “getting used to it”. Kind of just getting use to the fact that you’re stressed by it, to the point where you no longer feel stress for it.

Good point. "getting used to it" is just the first step. The second step is try to find solutions to end the stress :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro. 2.66GHz. 8GB RAM. 256GB SSD. Hi-Res Antiglare Display
My wife gave me a bit of advice awhile ago and I think it helped me quite a bit. She said that a person can tolerate anything for a finite period of time. As long as there is a "light at the end of tunnel", it's just a matter of breaking the problem down into pieces and and working through it systematically.

This is absolute gospel truth. I was taught this several years ago.

Btw; What stresses me more than anything else?.. Beer. Not drinking it, selling it.. As in, selling campaigns to the beer company CEO. Followed by high-end automobiles.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Spending other people's money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Good point. "getting used to it" is just the first step. The second step is try to find solutions to end the stress :)

I have found that once you "get used to it", the cause of the stress tends to no longer be a cause and the stress either goes away or is greatly diminished. While not true across the board, it seems to work well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram
Minecraft, halo reach firefight (die covies die!) or I just meditate.
meditation usually works the best, just sitting there relaxing, thinking peaceful thoughts, and calmly looking at things is a great way to deal with stress for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.