Webpage Not Available Error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400, 600GB Hard Drive
I've been having this problem with a number of websites where I get a "this webpage is not available error". However, the problem only occurs on my iMac, and I know this forum is for PC's, but any help would be appreciated. Also I am using Google Chrome, but Safari and Firefox also don't work.

Currently these websites don't work: Youtube, yahoo, Google images, Google maps, google videos, google shopping and some others.

The weird thing is that I've found that it always happens when trying to visit subaddresses of websites for example: xxxxx.google.com (images.google.com, answer.yahoo.com etc) as well as youtube.

Thanks, edkes

Picture2.png

^^That's the error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
I had the same problem when I was at home with my mac with certain sites also but none were as common of websites as yours seem to be. Then when I came to school all the pages work fine so in my case I am guessing it had something to do with the internet provider/settings but I never found a fix for back home.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400, 600GB Hard Drive
ok thank you, i will try and fiddle with the settings on my mac. do you think rebooting the router may help??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.