MSN Messenger 8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
I just got Office 11 and I got MSN version 8 with it but It won't let me sign in. It displays the following error message…sign in to MS Messenger failed because the service did not responde. the service is not available or you may not be connected to the internet…

However I can sign in using other IM clients like adium…Also I can sign in to msn 8 using my other msn account…

Does anyone know why this is happening and how i can fix this…

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 13"
l have the same problem! but the funny thing is---> l ve two accounts and it lets me sign in in one, but not to the other one. its always the same. l only could sign in once to my other account.
HOW TO DELETE TOTALLY?
l wanna install again but when l do it, it automatically shows me my account as it still remembers..so it never totally deletes the programme..the reason l installed messenger was already bcs of having problem on AMSN, and couldnt delete totally so when l download it again it still has the problem..l open new amsn but it opens automatically that white disk image which l had downloaded one year ago and l cant delete it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
l have the same problem! but the funny thing is---> l ve two accounts and it lets me sign in in one, but not to the other one. its always the same. l only could sign in once to my other account.
HOW TO DELETE TOTALLY?
l wanna install again but when l do it, it automatically shows me my account as it still remembers..so it never totally deletes the programme..the reason l installed messenger was already bcs of having problem on AMSN, and couldnt delete totally so when l download it again it still has the problem..l open new amsn but it opens automatically that white disk image which l had downloaded one year ago and l cant delete it.

Try using AppZapper - The uninstaller Apple forgot. to remove it and then reinstall it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.7 i5 + MBP 13" 2.26 (2009) + IPad + iPhone
MSN Messenger 8 doesn't suck and works fine for me ( Appzapper too :) )

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.