what a difference a screen makes

Reaction score
hello folks,

i decided i want to play around with osx and the best way to do that is to buy one. i have entertained building a pc and installing snow leopard on it but i havent ruled out just getting a mac.

ive been examining these macbook pros and they are pretty much identical, for the configuration i would get. the only difference being the screens and one has an additional usb port(very handy) while the other has a sd slot(also handy).

i will be getting the same hdd, same processor and same gpu, hopefully anyway. i read that the memory used in the gpu can vary. thats another matter however. do you folks think theres much advantage in the 17 inch over the 15?

the smaller screens give the "appearance" of a sharper image and im thinking 17, 15 isnt that big a difference. still the 15 inch cant match the resolution of the 17 inch. cant think of why that resolution would matter tho.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Installing OS X on a non Apple computer is illegal and will not be discussed here.

OP
C
Reaction score
thanks

im not sure if my wording was confusing or not but im not interested in support of how to install software nor did i ask.

this is the hardware forum and my question is about hardware. or am i in the wrong place?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
thanks

im not sure if my wording was confusing or not but im not interested in support of how to install software nor did i ask.

this is the hardware forum and my question is about hardware. or am i in the wrong place?

do you folks think theres much advantage in the 17 inch over the 15?

I have deduced that this the question you are asking.

17" vs. 15" MBP has been discussed many times on these forums (and others). Just use the search function and you'll find plenty of useful info. Also Google it and use Apple.com's Which Mac am I? So many resources out there. Happy hunting...

OP
C
Reaction score
thx for the reply. i came here because i thought this forum would be more active than it is. i have searched google but i have not specifically searched these forums, dont know why the thought hadnt hit me. maybe there will be a thread for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.