Deleting Folder (Help needed!)

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a problem, it is really irritating me.

This might have been asked before but I know how to solve this problem.

Problem:

One day for some reason I decided to make a folder of all my pictures on my HD, what I did was select All Images under SEARCH FOR in Finder and selected all and put them in a new created folder I named: All pics.

Unfortunately Finder puts all the pictures in that folder (All pics), so that leaves me with a folder of 8GB pictures.

When I try to delete the folder by just dropping it in the Trash, it will delete all the pictures.

BUT I want to delete the (All pics) folder but keep the pictures, so like the put back function. I don't wan't all the pictures in one folder, I want them where they were.

Can someone help me, it sounds really simple. But I can't get it to work. I want it how it was before.

Please help! Help is appreciated!

Thank you! :D
Picture below to show what I mean by the All images tab in Finder.

Screen shot 2010-10-30 at 10.22.04 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
One day for some reason I decided to make a folder of all my pictures on my HD, what I did was select All Images under SEARCH FOR in Finder
Just to be sure you know, that's not a folder. If that's news to you, someone can explain.
and selected all and put them in a new created folder I named: All pics Unfortunately Finder puts all the pictures in that folder (All pics), so that leaves me with a folder of 8GB pictures.
Where did you create this folder? What's the complaint? It seems like it did what you wanted it to. (But now you've changed your mind?)

When I try to delete the folder by just dropping it in the Trash, it will delete all the pictures.
Yeah, if the pictures were moved there and don't exist where they were originally. . . What were you expecting to happen?

BUT I want to delete the (All pics) folder but keep the pictures, so like the put back function. I don't wan't all the pictures in one folder, I want them where they were.
So you need to empty "All Pics" first. Since the Finder now "thinks" that's where they belong, I don't think Put Away is going to help. Perhaps the way is to move them to the Desktop, delete "All Pics" then try Put Away. I wouldn't want to be in this situation. That might make a bigger mess! But, I don't have a sure-fire answer to offer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.