iPhoto'11 problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ; 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3;
Hi everyone.

Before I decided to write this thread I had a look at the forum, but could not find a solution. Yesterday I have upgraded to iLife'11 and there is one minor issue with iPhoto I would like to discuss. Basically, every time when I create a new album it appears that there are some photos in that new album already, in other words the new album is not empty. The photos which are included into new album are not random. If let's say I already have an album called Summer 2010 and I am watching it, and than I decide that I need to create a new album to put some photos there, I press file>new>album and iPhoto creates a new album with all the photos from Summer 2010 in it. I don't get it, what could be the problem? Or is it simply a bug, which will be solved soon?

Any ideas or solutions will be highly appreciated.

C

chas_m

I don't yet own iPhoto 11 so I'm just guessing here, but perhaps iPhoto is "helpfully" including any already-selected photos in the new album. Make sure all photos are de-selected, then try to create a new album and see if that makes a difference.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Chas_m, thanks for your try, but this is not the case here. See the thing is that I do not select any photos while trying to create a new album. I went further and had a look on the apple.com user forum, and it appears that it is not only me who has this issue. Another person out there has the same problem. But for now, what I have done is: I created a new album and deleted all the photos inside (which were once again placed there by iPhoto) and now this album is called untitled album and is absolutely empty, so now each time I want to create a new album I simply click on that untitled album and than press File>New>Album, and it works. Sorry for my confusing explanation - English is not my mother language.

In other words, it appears that instead of creating a new "blank/empty" album, iPhoto'11 just duplicates the album you are viewing while trying to create a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Not sure if this will help you,but there is a patch available for iPhoto 9 ( which is iLife 11 ) ... Patch is available via software update.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not sure if this will help you,but there is a patch available for iPhoto 9 ( which is iLife 11 ) ... Patch is available via software update.

Cheers ... McBie

Yeah, I updated it last night. I think it was mainly aimed at people who lost their Photo Library after updating to iPhoto'11. But never mind, I reckon all these problems will be solved shortly, just need to wait :)

But either way, thanks to you all, for your help guys. I appreciate it a lot. ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.