DASHBOARD Customization Thread

F

Ferdball

Can someone please tell me how to get the weather for San Diego, CA instead of San Diego, TX? I don't think its 100 degrees here right now...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Ferdball said:
Can someone please tell me how to get the weather for San Diego, CA instead of San Diego, TX? I don't think its 100 degrees here right now...
try typing in the zip code instead of the name

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Ferdball said:
Okay. Where? I can't find a Weather Widget control panel.
when you hover the mouse over the widget a little i appears in the lower right corner. when you click that, the widget will flip over and you can enter the zip code. hit done and it will flip back over

5litreLX

Here's mine... is it just me or did any of you click on the desktop of somebody else's screen to close the dashboard?

Picture 3.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 GHz Core Duo, 1 GB Ram, 80GB HD, SuperDrive, OS 10.4.8
Reaction score
is there a widget to put a favourite video in and is it easy to make your dashboard as my mac is coming next week :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac
Am I the only one who can't figure out how to use the capture widget program to actually capture my whole dashboard and background?
Or am I just the only one brave enough to admit ignorance?

Ok - I figured it out ... Pardon the size, I've yet to learn some things with Safari.

screenshot.jpg

That took forever, but now I know how to do it.
I hooked myself up with World Clock - Baghdad time, US war Fatalities, News GrabR, and Sunlit Earth to keep up with what's going on with my husband.
Dictionary/Thesaurus, This day in History - which is set according to Iraq time, and Quick-click Itunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Shift+Apple key and 3 will do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac
richardcanham said:
is there a widget to put a favourite video in and is it easy to make your dashboard as my mac is coming next week :)

I've had mine for just a few days and the Dashboard/Widgets was one of the easiest things to figure out.
If you have trouble the easiest thing to do is click in 'widgets' into the help and figure things out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
11bWannabe said:
I could use some help with my dashboard
I tried to install a unity powered game once when I first got my mac and it crashed, so I never tried it again. I got bored just a few minutes ago and tried it again and the graphics were screwed up, then it crashed...any tips?

anyway, here is my dashboard

where did you get those "days til" under your calendar?

Ad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
here's mine

Here is what I've got at the moment... but I've seen a few that I want to add :rolleyes:

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
OK, here's mine - along with my very own dock icon set and wallpaper.

widgets_new2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dtownley1 said:
OK, here's mine - along with my very own dock icon set

Nice dock bar. And wallpaper. Me like!

Where did you get the exchange widget?

Ad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Adam said:
Nice dock bar. And wallpaper. Me like!

Where did you get the exchange widget?

Ad

thanks ;)
I'm looking to get those icons ready for people to download. They were inspired by the desktop icon style.

That widget was from the apple site. Go to the OS X tab, then widgets, and there should be a Top 50 link. I'm pretty sure I got it from there.

I'm hoping that the iStat (top left widget) will get updated for intel macs soon, as it doesn't register the fan temperatures. It worked fine on my old iBook, just not macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac
Ok - I've touched mine up a bit.

Who uses the muli-dashboard widget? How well does that function? I had problems loading mine up.

screenshot.jpeg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.