Browser issue with a well known auction site

J

Jogon

Running the latest version of Leopard, no major issue but I have a copuple of niggles.

When attempting to list something on ebay using Safari I can list the first item pretty much without any issue but the second time i go to list I have to keep logging in at each Juncture as in i add a picture it then asks me to login , I add the picture and update the listing page I have to sign in again and when I submit the auction it asks me to sign in again and so on, it's quite infuriating.

I don't get in on firefox...

Any ideas?

and my second issue is ...how do I stop my imac from keep logging on to different wireless connections other than my own....as in I leave the machine for say ten mins, by the time I get back it's logged off my network and sitting on somebody elses close by....It cannot use their connection cos I don't have the wep keys but it logs off mine and although I thought I'd stopped in the 'open network preferences' it appears i have not....it's only a simple question of highlighting my network and it logs me back on but I'd like to stop it from wandering off mine on to others.

Thankyou

OP
J

Jogon

Tremendous response to this 2 days after initial post.

At least Apple respond in a more timely manner.

If I can't do it myself could somebody please delete my account.

Thankyou!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Tremendous response to this 2 days after initial post.

At least Apple respond in a more timely manner.

If I can't do it myself could somebody please delete my account.

Thankyou!

We don't delete accounts, but you're free to let it go dormant.

By the way, this board is not Apple nor is it a paid support service. People come here and help when they can and the community works with each other.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Well I never saw the thread, but I would have said to avoid Safari and Ebay anyway, because they do not work well together. You can't list properly in Safari at all, it doesn't let you tab down to a new paragraph for example.
Stick with Firefox and also learn some manners.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Can we close this thread before it goes somewhere that we don't want it to? Please :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Suggest using Firefox for your eBay posts.

Lucky to get any help at all simply put.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.