Opening patch.exe with Crossover

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New here, hope you can help!

I need to open a patch.exe file and I've tried doing this with Crossover. I've managed to assign it a 'bottle' (a file that holds the patch) and it says 'ready'. However, there is nothing to say 'open file' or similar.

Please help!

Spurs78

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you try double clicking the patch.exe file from within the bottle?

OP
S
Reaction score
hi, thanks for your response.

Yes, tried double clicking, nothing. Also tried running the program through it's Run Command option (as suggested by Codeweaver's forum) and still nothing. Not sure what I need to do here!

Cheers.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The patch executable may be looking for an input or a parameter and refuse to run. But, I guess if you tried it from a run command and it still won't work it may be that it's not compatible with Crossover. I've got Crossover Pro and found some things that just won't work.

If you have access to a Win machine, I suggest trying to open it from within a command prompt. If it won't work there, then you'll know you have a bad executable file.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm not sure what this patch is but if you're trying to patch a program that you've also installed through CO, you may be asking for trouble. What is the app you are trying to run? Have you checked it against CO's database of supported apps?

Reaction score
Patches, etc. in CrossOver Mac

Sounds like you've taken the appropriate steps to run whatever patch .exe you're trying to run. There may be tips and tricks under the specific application that you're trying to run in our Compatibility database (c4.codeweavers.com). If you've purchased a copy of CrossOver, of course, you're also more than welcome to get ahold of our support folks. If it's an unsupported application, there may not be much that they'll be able to tell you--we don't have the financial wherewithal (or the infinite number of test monkeys required) to test and run every application that's out there, of course. But one of our ninjas may have one or two additional clues for you--you never know.

Best Wishes,

-jon parshall-
COO
CodeWeavers delivers Compatibility for Mac and Linux. Your Windows Mac and Linux CrossOver solution - CodeWeavers
("Your Mac/Windows Solution")

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.