Macbook - inbuilt camera and bluetooth not working

Reaction score
Hi all,

Any pearls of wisdom on how to get the inbuilt camera and bluetooth working on a macbook. I've tried the fancy resets (where you take the battery out and press the on key for a while) with no luck.

I'm feeling rather disconnected!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
What year and model is your Macbook, and what version of OS X are you running?

OP
S
Reaction score
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03

Operating system - 10.6.4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Ok.
Before running any other form of trouble shooting, run the 10.6.4 combo update, which incorporates all the bug fixes, etc all in one neat package.
Combo updates have been known to fix many irregular things like this, and are always worth a try before delving deep into causes and fixes.
Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update (Combo)

Reaction score
Dear spainvsfrance,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, especially to a continental type like you. It sounds like you're suffering from some serious disconnection here.

I should know my dear, it's happening to me as I type.

A kind cyber guru directed me to: How to Troubleshoot iSight. If you check step 3, I'm sure (as much as this lass is a betting lady) that you wont find it in your list of USB devices. Sad but true.

My helpful cyber boffin directed me to a DIY fix for a broken camera -
MacBook iSight - iFixit. The "very difficult" rating sent shivers down my manicured mails. I'm saving up the coins to take my loved one to the mac service shop.

So maybe your better half also needs some time at the cyber vet.

Toodles,

KM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.