• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What was the 1st thread you started here in M-F ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Thanks 6sting.
Geee I know a lot more about Macs and Apple then I do back then. Wow, that is really a blast from the past. And I must say that 17 inch imac that was recommended to me (bought about 2 months before the alu imacs came out) still serves me well. I still like it much better then the first gen of the alu imacs.

So in that respect I need to say thank you M-F :).

And bobtomay:
Thanks but I've made over 500 new topics this year alone. So most of your points there (though useful to many many people and is good information) is useless for me.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It'll find yours still, until you have over 500 that are 'more' than a year old - that's how I found it. Right now with those settings you're only sitting at about 120 something.

edit:
Just discovered this too - change the 'Search in Forum(s)' box and select individual forums.

Was able to find my real 1st thread just going through each of the main forum headings.

Bootcamp, oem XP or need retail version

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Thanks 6sting.
Geee I know a lot more about Macs and Apple then I do back then. Wow, that is really a blast from the past. And I must say that 17 inch imac that was recommended to me (bought about 2 months before the alu imacs came out) still serves me well. I still like it much better then the first gen of the alu imacs.

So in that respect I need to say thank you M-F :).

And bobtomay:
Thanks but I've made over 500 new topics this year alone. So most of your points there (though useful to many many people and is good information) is useless for me.

It's bobtomay you should thank.... I pretty much used his search criteria.

Advanced Search - put your name in the
User Name box and make sure it's set to Find Threads Started by User.

Find Posts from: change 'Any Date' to 'A Year Ago' - change 'And Newer' to 'And Older'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro. 2.66GHz. 8GB RAM. 256GB SSD. Hi-Res Antiglare Display
My first: Filevault Issue.

Figured I should reply to this thread before I reach 500. (joking).

As for my first topic here, although I received a few noteworthy replies,
I fixed the issue by upgrading my daughter's iBook to a new MacBook.
(but seriously, it was time).

Now what was thing about quality over quantity?..
:Smirk:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Agree with you 8thark .... There are some good topics here. I like reading back and seeing what you didn’t know back then. Some of theses members are having to head back more that 5 yrs.

Buying my first Mac was my first thread..

Looking back on it, I sound immature and have no idea what I'm talking about..

Well you have come a long way A-T From 10.2 to 10.6 At least you had replies unlike some others lol .... Wonder where we will be in 5 more years ....

Keep them coming

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Agree with you 8thark .... There are some good topics here. I like reading back and seeing what you didn’t know back then. Some of theses members are having to head back more that 5 yrs.

Well you have come a long way A-T From 10.2 to 10.6 At least you had replies unlike some others lol .... Wonder where we will be in 5 more years ....

Keep them coming

haha.. to be honest.. I'm still on 10.4.. I've never even used 10.5 or above apart from being in an Apple Store/Futureshop/Best Buy...

I'm waiting for my 10.5 Universal disks in the mail as we speak. Picked a copy up off a local FST (well, he's 45 mins away from me, but still kind fo in the aera) site for $30. :)

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
haha.. to be honest.. I'm still on 10.4.. I've never even used 10.5 or above apart from being in an Apple Store/Futureshop/Best Buy...

I'm waiting for my 10.5 Universal disks in the mail as we speak. Picked a copy up off a local FST (well, he's 45 mins away from me, but still kind fo in the aera) site for $30. :)

WOW good luck on that. Im sure you will see a significant difference between the two
Enjoy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Here's mine! http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/193549-new-switcher-first-impressions.html

I'd been lurking for months before that, but that was my first real post, and I was nervous as h-e-double-hockey-sticks to post it (if you're a fan of car forums, you'd know why).

It's weird looking back, I'd already schooled myself so much without even owning one by that point, but I've already learned tons more since then, which wasn't even a year ago.

BTW, guy, you can go to your public profile and click on "view all threads started by..."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
WOW good luck on that. Im sure you will see a significant difference between the two
Enjoy

I'm looking forward to it, except the apparent "slower performance" I keep reading about in comparison to Tiger...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
BTW, guy, you can go to your public profile and click on "view all threads started by..."

only works of you have started less than 500 topics. If you have, then you need to be a little tricky to find out your first topic.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I don't even need to look up my first post to remember what it was. I remember posting about iPod socks, when they first came out. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.