FaceTime gone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air OS X 10.7 1.7 Intel Core i5 4GB, MacMini mid-2011
For some reason my icon for FaceTime is not on my iPhone4, I've had the phone for a few months and never used FaceTime. Restrictions are disabled.

Any help?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
You don't have a FaceTime icon on the iPhone 4 - you just start calls using FaceTime or enable FaceTime once within a call. It is on the iPod Touch that you have a FaceTime icon.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air OS X 10.7 1.7 Intel Core i5 4GB, MacMini mid-2011
Thank you - I was wondering what was wrong.

If the other person has an ipod (not iphone), would they need to call me first so my iphone knows how to call that ipod (since there is no phone number)?

Reaction score
I think the other person who is using an iPod touch will be receiving and making FaceTime calls via their email address. That is how it works over my Macbook Pro.

You need to have their email address stored to your iPhone then select the email address and select make FaceTime call.

I am 99% sure this is how it will work on the iTouch.

Anyone else, please correct me if I am wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I think the other person who is using an iPod touch will be receiving and making FaceTime calls via their email address. That is how it works over my Macbook Pro.

You need to have their email address stored to your iPhone then select the email address and select make FaceTime call.

I am 99% sure this is how it will work on the iTouch.

Anyone else, please correct me if I am wrong.

Pretty sure thats how its done

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.