Help~ Codec Overrun~

Reaction score
Hi there~ I've purchased The Sims 3 and tried to download it online. After complete, it shows "codec overrun" when I tried to install it. After browsing through lots of threads, I still don't really get an idea on how to fix it.... I sincerely hope that you guys could help me as I am not very familiar with my MacBook......

I've tried to disable the firewall on the router, or verify disk permission at the "network", or some said click "skip" before the file starts verify it~ <--- all of these are not working on me......

Kindly hope you guys can help me with my problems.... Thanks alot~!!

OP
C
Reaction score
hi there, I am sure that the one I thought is for "mac download only", and even at the specs area, everything is written for mac instead of pc & everything is eligibled to my MacBook..... sigh.... I am very headache with this problem now.... any idea what should I do? thanks~!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Contact where you purchased it from, assuming it is not from Pirate Bay, and explain your problem and see what they suggest.

Reaction score
I'm curious if you ever managed to solve this issue and if so, how? I purchased Sims 3 yesterday from a direct download off the EA website and I'm having the same problem with the "codec overrun" message. I've tried everything and still can't figure out what to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.