Hard drive not detected

Reaction score
Hi,

four days ago my macbook pro stopped working while I was doing internet. I had to shut it down but it never booted up again. I tried multiple times to format it with disk utility but it never worked utile at my .... 25th attempt, disk utility finaly detected it so i formated it but when I tried to install osx, the disk couldn't be detected just as before.

I though that my HD was dead so i bought a new western digital scorpio blue 320 GB 5400 rpm. Now, it's the same story as before, my new hard drive is never recognize by the installation cd...

I dont know what to do now. I'm exhausted to try the same things again and again.

If anyone has a solution PLEASE !!! HELP ME.

more infos:

- The drive is turning (it has power)

- With my first HD, i couldn't open the OSX partition but i could open the Windows partition.

- With my new HD in, the installation cd of OSX AND windows cant detect the hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
If you boot from the install disc, select language, and on the next screen go to the menu bar, select utilities>disk utility, does it show up?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.