Long time PC users wants to switch to an iMac

Reaction score
The only real reason I'd need windows is for unreal editing but even that I am getting tired of. I'd use the iMac mostly for video editing for garry's mod, play TF2, L4D2 since most single player games I get bored of beating over and over even with what little re-playability they have. So $2700 isn't a big deal to spend on an iMac for me and I do want a space saving computer so that'd be nice. What are a good set of speakers for an iMac... and a good place to get snow leopard themes and icons as well? What do you all think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 27" iMac: CPU - Intel i5, 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, running Snow Leopard 10.6.4
Well, as far as speakers go, "any" speakers are fine - if you like the ones your using on a Windows machine, then just plug them into the Mac. They'll work just fine.

I'm just curious though; why would you want to change themes or icons on the iMac?

OP
M
Reaction score
Well in windows 7 I like to change themes now and again, as well as different icons in the rocketdock bar. I like to switch it up now and then :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
lol thats fair enough, I don't think I could change the theme, I like it too much ;P

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah and also with desktop PC's I'm tired of blowing out the dust inside every now and then, re-arranging wires, connecting new devices is a pain in the ***, cutting myself on things when I'm not careful (Sensative skin FTL), :Angry: worried that the hardware won't mesh together well, with a mac everything just works seamlessly together, hardware and software :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
with a mac everything just works seamlessly together, hardware and software :Smirk:

Sounds like you work for their PR department hehe

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 27" iMac: CPU - Intel i5, 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, running Snow Leopard 10.6.4
Yup. That's because Microsoft has no idea what kind of machine you're going to put their software on. Apple does, because they design the machines, and they design the software AROUND the machine, therefore no issues.

I guess if you like to tinker with that stuff, I can see your point, however I was that same way years back, I even used Rocket Dock, changed themes, had two monitors, always tinkering with things.....and then I bought my 27" iMac.....

OP
M
Reaction score
I guess if you like to tinker with that stuff, I can see your point, however I was that same way years back, I even used Rocket Dock, changed themes, had two monitors, always tinkering with things.....and then I bought my 27" iMac.....

So are you happier with the iMac than a PC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So are you happier with the iMac than a PC?

Notice how I didn't mention having to "tinker" with anything or needing extra hardware anymore after I mentioned buying the iMac...? ;D

I haven't looked back once. My wife and I each have a Windows 7 laptop, which is fine, for that application. We both use ours either outside on the porch, or on trips for misc. E-Mail checking, FB, etc. That's fine....but the powerhouse machine is this iMac and I'm hoping to upgrade from 4 to 16GB's of RAM soon...! (even with the stock 4 it's absolutely insane how fast it is compared to my Windows box previously. (and even "that" was "fast" for a Winbox)
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You'll love your new Mac. The biggest advice I could give you is DON'T THINK WINDOWS. The Mac will be new to you, and there will be many things that will be different, and the first thing you'll want to think is "well that's not like Windows", or "in Windows you do it 'this' way..."

It's a different beast. You'll love it, and you probably won't look back, either...! hehe

OP
M
Reaction score
Well that's a given not to expect it to be like windows, totally different OS I know. I'll get use to it and will probably like it alot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Well in windows 7 I like to change themes now and again, as well as different icons in the rocketdock bar. I like to switch it up now and then :p

Google these:

candybar - to customize your dock icons

geektool - to create customized desktop

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.