Hiding games from applications tab of harddrive

Jud

Reaction score
Hello,

As part of my job, I was issued a macbook. I want to install games on it, but am concerned that one of my bosses might see them in the applications tab of the harddrive (or on the application bar). Would someone please tell me if there is a way to either hide the application from both of these areas, or to move the games to other parts of the harddrive they would be less likely to explore (while maintaining functionality).

Appreciate the help.
Jud

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums Jud
For games (this goes for applications aswell) that to install them you just drag to the applications folder, you can move pretty much anywhere you like. Its the good thing about OSX no registry to tie things up where they are. :D

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
p.s don't forget to delete your browser history to this thread to keep it hidden from your boss ;P

OP
J

Jud

Reaction score
Thank you so much Simon. And thats a good tip in the 2nd post as well!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
;P always here to help ;P

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Welcome to Mac-Forums Jud
For games (this goes for applications aswell) that to install them you just drag to the applications folder, you can move pretty much anywhere you like. Its the good thing about OSX no registry to tie things up where they are. :D

- Simon

But a lot of apps just refuse to work if they are not in the applications folder. I know the ilife/iwork apps refused to work if I had them in /applications/ilife&iwork. But if I had them directly in the applications folder they worked fine.

Just a note of warning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But a lot of apps just refuse to work if they are not in the applications folder. I know the ilife/iwork apps refused to work if I had them in /applications/ilife&iwork. But if I had them directly in the applications folder they worked fine.

Just a note of warning.

ahhh didn't know that, everyday is a school day lol

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.