New MacBook Air 13" WoW Performance

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone would like to see some performance videos concerning World of Warcraft on the 13" MacBook Air (October 2010).

Specs are as follows;

1.8ghz Intel Core2Duo
NVIDIA GT 320M (256MB)
2GB DDR3 1066mhz
128GB SSD

1440x900 Resolution

I'm going on vacation this weekend and still have to download the Mac client, so it will be later next week. Thanks for the feedback.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Download direct from the Blizzard website I would hope. As we don't talk torrents or such immoral things here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I'm assuming you're a shaman ;D

WoW is pretty CPU intensive compared to other games. I am curious to see if your computer will run it better than mine seeing as the MBA has a worse processor but better GPU than my MBP.

I'm also curious about the heat/fans, my MBP gets very hot while running WoW.

OP
MacAJS
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're a shaman ;D

WoW is pretty CPU intensive compared to other games. I am curious to see if your computer will run it better than mine seeing as the MBA has a worse processor but better GPU than my MBP.

I'm also curious about the heat/fans, my MBP gets very hot while running WoW.

I have played it and let me tell you, it's amazing! I am playing with most settings on High, while ground clutter and environment detail is set to Ultra. I don't want to spoil the performance videos but let's just say they're impressive! And as far as the temperature goes, only warm, not hot.

Videos will be done by Wed/Thursday next week. (First week of November)

OP
MacAJS
Reaction score
It's DONE!

Just thought I would let everyone down at the Mac forums know that I made a video showing performance while playing and recording/compressing video on the new MacBook Air 13".

Check out the link for more info...

YouTube - World of Warcraft on a MacBook Air 13" w/Commentary

I hope it answers some questions and provides at least a little bit of entertainment!

(Don't expect anything too fancy, I wanted to get it out as soon as I could...so I used Windows Movie Maker, an iPhone 3GS and Microsoft Sound Recorder, lol...)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
This performance is really impressive. I was really hoping to see some water action though, unless I blinked.

Anyways, I had a Totem Eclipse of the Heart moment while watching your video, thanks for sharing!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.