Non-Apple mouse that works well with iMacs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 27" iMac: CPU - Intel i5, 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, running Snow Leopard 10.6.4
Okay - long and short:

We have used a Logitech MX Performance mouse for a while now, and we're on our 4th - all of them succumbed to the same problem, left button contact gets finnicky and ends up useless. Plus, I don't care much at all for the Magic Mouse, simply because I am a Left/Right button kinda person. I'm not big on the whole "finger acrobatics" to do stuff with the MM.

I liked the thumb buttons on the left side (of the MX) for the forward/back buttons (for web surfing or folder surfing) but would these on "another" mouse work in Snow Leopard? They didn't work too well on the MX Performance mouse.

Anyone have any successful experience with this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I'm afraid you'll just have to find one you like the look of and look on their website to see if there is a mac driver for it.

- Simon

Reaction score
Find one you like and use Steermouse or USBOverdrive to map the buttons to what you want.

Reaction score
Ive been using a microsoft intellimouse for a long time now...works great with all my Macs.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It sounds like the microswitch is dying on your MX mice. Do you play a lot of games and use the button to do something like fire? Just wondering why 4 in a row had that switch mess up.

I would say either Logitech or Microsoft for a replacement but wonder about another MX due to your issues with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I vote for Microsoft. I'm not a fan of Logitech on the Mac, they have a history of really bad drivers that can screw with your system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.