iTunes Media Folder/Library Help!

Reaction score
Heres whats going on.

Basically, i decided i had too much crap on my mac so i reformatted it.
I store all my music on a external HDD that i needed the space from, so i dropped my itunes music folder (temporarly) onto my desktop so i could work with the external hdd and get it partitioned and such. Then, afterword dropped the iTunes music folder into the new HDD, this created no problem untill i copied my Itunes library(database file), as well as everything else in the user/music/itunes/ folder to the same folder location on the new users account. The external HDD had a diffrent name and everything, so it could not find any of the files.

The last time this happen i draged the whole HDD to itunes, and it fixed all the broken links. However, this time i made duplicates of ALL my files, and half of my library was broken. So, to fix this i took the whole users/music/itunes/ folder and dumped it.

after that i dropped my HDD into itunes, this time it loaded all the songs correctly, however, now the problem is i dont have ANY of my playlists, or all the data that goes along with each file (date added, plays, date last played, etc.)

Basically, im looking for a way to transfer the data that is attached to each file, to the new ones, as well as transfer my playists

i have about 30 playlists, and 4k songs... so doing them individually would be a pain in the anus.

FYI: when i say HDD, im talking about the same HDD that has all my itunes music on it, and has the folder (in itunes) set to that HDD's music folder.
also, i still have the old user/music/itunes folder, (in archives, never delete anything!) so if i need those i have them.

any solutions? thanks in advance!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.